Diar Aliu (KOS) & Tim Jurkovič (SLO)
John Dowland (1563 - 1626) FANTASIE NR. 7
Johann Sebastian Bach (1685 - 1750) PRELUDE BWV 1006a
Napoleon Coste (1805 - 1883) INTRODUCTION AND ALLEGRETTO
Heitor Villa - Lobos (1887 - 1959) ETUDE NR. 11
Agustin Barrios Mangoré (1885 - 1944) MAZURKA APPASIONATA
Joaquin Rodrigo (1901 - 1999) SONATA GIOCOSA
Diar Aliu is a talented young musician born on December 2004 in Mitrovice, Kosovo. He began his musical journey at the age of 8 when he started taking guitar lessons in the class of prof. Erhan Mujka at "Tefta Tashko" music school. He continued his education by joining the class of prof. Drilon Cocaj at "Prenk Jakova" music school in 2017, where he still studies.
Throughout his musical journey, Diar has actively participated in various concerts and competitions, showcasing his exceptional talent on the guitar. He has attended numerous competitions and festivals throughout Europe, winning multiple prizes and accolades.
In 2018 Diar won the 1st prize at the Palaio Faliro Athens Guitar Festival, Montenegro International Guitar Competition and Pleven Guitar Festival. The following year, he won the 1st prize at the International Festival Polyhyimnia, ArsKosova Music Competition, and Peja International Guitar Festival. In 2020, he received a special prize for the best interpretation at the Bremen Guitar Art Competition and won the 1st prize at the National Guitar Olympiad of the Republic of Kosovo and the Montenegro International Guitar Competition.
In 2021 Diar won the 2nd prize at the Sarajevo International Guitar Festival and the 1st prize at the International ArsKosova Music Competition, Pleven Guitar Festival and Peja International Guitar Festival. In 2022 he continued to shine, winning the 1st prize at the Montenegro International Guitar Competition, Forum Gitarre Wien, Marku Guitar Competition, Albania Guitar Festival and Ankara Guitar Festival.
Apart from his competition successes, Diar has also had the privilege of being part of masterclasses with prestigious professors such as Petrit Ceku, Łukasz Kuropaczewski, Jorgos Panetsos, Marko Feri, Pia and Thomas Offerman, Leon Koudelak, Marcin Dylla, Timotej Kosovinc, Atanas Ourkouzounov, Yanis Petridis, John Feeley and Ayesgul Koca.
In conclusion, Diar Aliu is an exceptional young musician who has achieved great success at a young age. His achievements in various competitions and festivals, combined with his dedication and passion for music, make him a unique and talented guitarist to watch out for in the future.
Johann Sebastian Bach (1685 - 1750) SUITE FOR LUTE NR. 2, BWV 997 Prélude
Gigue - Double
Mauro Giuliani (1781 - 1829) ROSSINIANA NR. 1, OP. 119
Leo Brouwer (1939) TARANTOS AND CANTICUM
Joaquin Rodrigo (1901 - 1999) TOCCATA
Tim Jurkovič was born on the 10th November 1999 in Novo Mesto. He attended the Kočevje music school, where the talented seven years old boy was being taught by prof. Vladimir Kljun Žerjav, who opened the door for him to get acquainted with both music and other arts.
At the age of ten his teacher was Amel Ramić, who led him to the Conservatory of Music and Ballet. Under his guidance, Tim won the first prize at the international competition in Krško in 2014 (4th category, 1st place, and 1st prize, gold award, 96.5 points). From 2014 to 2018, Tim was studying under excellent guitarist and pedagogue, prof. Jerko Novak. In May 2018 he successfully passed the entrance exams and was admitted to the MDW in the class of the world-famous virtuoso and pedagogue Álvaro Pierri. In September 2022 he finished his Bachelor exam with highest grade and enrolled in the master program at the same school.
During his studies at the Conservatory and MDW, he achieved the following admirable feats:
- 44th National Competition of Young Musicians of Slovenia TEMSIG 2015 2. a category: 1st place and 1st prize, golden plaquette and 97.67 points
- 46th National Guitar Competition of Young Musicians of Slovenia TEMSIG 2017 duo (in duo with Gaja Tanko) 2nd category: 1st place and 1st prize, golden plaquette and 98.00 points
- International Competition Guitar Days Krško, 2016, 5th category: 1st place and 1st place
gold award, 95.67 points
- International Competition Guitar Days Krško, 2017, 6th category: 1st place and 1st place award, gold award, 94.67 points
- International Classical Guitar Competition Enrico Mercatalli, 2016, 3rd category: 3rd place and 1st prize
- International Competition Forum Gitarre Wien, 2016: 3rd prize
- Zagreb Guitar Festival International Competition, 2017, 5th category: golden plaquette
- 47th National Competition of Young Musicians of Slovenia TEMSIG 2018 2. b category: 2nd place and 2nd prize, golden plaquette and 96 points
- Antonio Salieri International Competition, 2018, 1st prize, 1st place, 100 points win all categories and pass in the grand finale
- International classical guitar competition of Spanish embassy in Slovenia, 2021, 2nd prize, 2nd place, golden plaquette
- International guitar festival Tübingen, 2023, 2nd prize, 2nd place
In 2016 he performed Cavatina by Stanley Myers two times (in Kamnik and Domžale) as a soloist with the Domžale-Kamnik Symphony Orchestra conducted by prof. Slaven Kulenović. In the school year 2016/17 he won the guitar audition and in April 2017 he performed the famous 2nd movement of Rodrigo's Concierto de Aranjuez with the Symphonic orchestra KGBL.
He played on many well-known concert stages:
- Presidency of the Republic of Slovenia in Brdo in 2015
- Jožef Štefan Institute in 2015
- The Supreme Court of the Republic of Slovenia in November 2016 (with Gaja Tanko)
- Society of the Slovenian Composers in the Lucijan Marija Škerjanc hall in 2016
- Half an evening concert at the series Prisluhnimo v operi, organized by the Institute Glasbena mladina ljubljanska in the Orpheus salon SNG Opera, December 2016
- Half an evening concert with the pianist Nace Slak at the Ljubljana city hall in May 2017, 2019, 2021, 2022
- Guitar duo recital with Gaja Tanka at the Lent Festival in Maribor and the Summer Guitar School in Črnomelj, both in June 2017
- Recital at the Grand Hotel Union in October 2017
- The concert evening with the guitarist Nejc Pirnat at the Piano salon Benton 2018
- Half an evening concert of the series Prisluhnimo v operi, organized by the Institute Glasbena mladina ljubljanska in the Orpheus salon SNG Opera, November 2018
- Recital in the Ljubljana city hall with Duo Erato with flutist Meta Pirc in December 2018
- Many performances in the student dormitory Korotan in June 2019
- Half an evening concert with Erik Jurkovič in Kočevje in August 2019
- Online concert at the series, organized by the Institute Glasbena mladina Slovenije in December 2020
- Online concert for the Emigrant center in Turkey SGDD in September 2021
- Recital in the series, organized by the Institute Glasbena mladina Slovenije in Celje in July 2021
- Half a concert at the Osilnica Guitar Festival in 2022
- Recital in Kočevje in November 2022
In 2019 he organized a set of four concerts in his hometown of Kočevje and in the season 2022/2023 he started to organize regularly concerts by his organisation Musica de Silva with a strong support and help of Glasbena mladina Slovenije.
Two times he recorded the CD of the winners at the Conservatory of Music and Ballet. In 2018 he made his first professional recording of the recital program at the Ljubljana Conservatory of Music and Ballet. In February 2018 he received the Škerjanc prize for his services in the artistic endeavor.
The irresistible desire for knowledge led Tim to many summer schools and master classes with the outstanding domestic concert artists and teachers, such as Jure Cerkovnik, Nejc Kuhar, Anton Črnugelj, Sanja Plohl, Vojko Vešligaj and the world-famous artists such as Marko Feri, Bozhana Pavlova, Florian Palier, István Römer, Paolo Pegoraro, Andrej Grafenauer, David Pavlovits, Alen Garagić, Andrea de Vitis, Lorenzo Micheli, Marcin Dylla and Álvaro Pierri. In addition to the music, he is also interested in other forms of art, mathematics and chess.